Sunday, October 31, 2010

Family Time :D

Last time when we ate at Pho Ha, ma and Alex finally found or actually just realize that there is Philippians Restaurant next to Pho Ha. The restaurant name is Family Time. Their food pretty good, but the size wasn't as I expected before. Based on my experience when I had my first Philippians food, I was in San Fransisco having a short trip meeting up with my neighbor from Jakarta. They brought us to the Philippians restaurant which I totally forgot what the name is. There were 5 of us with 6 order and ended up half being for to go. Their size is HUGE, like literally huge. So when first food came out, their serving size is for 1-2 instead of 5-7. What a memory.

I'm sorry for nostalgic-ing too much :p Back to Family Time :)

Family Time

The outside look. It wasn't too crowded, or more like there was only 2 tables. Our's and the other table. But I think it's just because the timing and btw just on their right, there's Korean charcoal bbq restaurant which me and Alex loves to go :D

Pork Sinigang
(Pork and vegetables in a sour tamarind broth. Served with rice)

This is what I ordered which I love, well at least for those who love sour clear soup this might be an option. Oh, and it's written above, it also served with rice, you can choose whether you want white rice or garlic rice. In my opinion, I didn't taste any garlic flavor so I just exchange it with Alex. I'm a sour-hollic btw and I feel this is a really good combination between having the deep friend pork and sour soup. It kinda neutralize my taste bud :D

Lechon Kawali
Deep-fried pork belly with lechon sauce

This is what Alex ordered, huahhh... "It's like cholesterol cooked in cholesterol" perfect quote for this dish. Hahaha, but still worth to try, just don't eat the fat. This pork was a combination of chewy chunky and crunchy, their sauce taste more like steak sauce. So for an option, ask them the sweet sour sauce, I just think it fits way better rather than their Lechon sauce.

Btw, if you haven't tried Philippians food, please do try them. :D It wasn't expensive at all. 2 dishes can feed well 3 of us and it's only for $24 (include everything :D)

Location:
15200 Aurora Ave N
(between 152nd St & 155th St)
Shoreline, WA 98133

phone : (206) 365 - 0706

Hours:

Tue-Fri 11 am - 10 pm

Sat 10 am - 10 pm

Sun 10 am - 8 pm



No comments:

Post a Comment