Monday, November 22, 2010

Ohana

It was raining and we were looking for food somewhere in Belltown area. In fact we actually were thinking of going to Umisake where we just figured that we had to wait for an hour. The dragon in our stomach might just hungry to death because we just decide to find another place. So we finally went to Ohana. It's really close with Umisake, i think it's just next to it. The food was pretty good, it's a Japanese-Hawaiian type of restaurant. The only thing that I don't really like actually the place and the service. Well, actually they have pretty unique design, they have a "bungalow" typo inside so it feels like hawaii? The service was pretty slow or we were just too hungry.

Loco Moco

On the bigger bowl it actually a grilled hamburger patty & fried egg over rice with the brown gravy. It actually taste good and I like the mashed potato as well :D

Fish and Chips

Surprisingly good, the fish was fresh and wasn't too oily. I think the crucial ingredients in any deep fried food is the oil. Beside concerning the health, cooking with your oil more than two times actually decreased the quality. Taste will be different and sometimes it will be yucky!

Talking about oil, I just want to remind about using olive oil. There are three types of virgin oil, extra virgin, fine virgin and ordinary virgin olive oil and I think their main difference is the treatment. Never use extra virgin olive oil to deep fried, or heat it because it will change their chemical structure and it will become toxic. Use extra virgin olive oil best for salad dressing, for other typo, just remember not to heat up because until certain temperature it will change just like the extra virgin olive oil. Well, correct me if I'm wrong :)

Sumo Bento - choice of Tempura and Beef Teriyaki

The beef teriyaki was different from the common teriyaki, it's just thicker and bigger. Liking the sauce and the tenderness :) The tempura, it's like only 2 ebi (shrimp) tempura and all other are vegetables tempura :p

We didn't order the sushi because it was pretty overprice comparing to other restaurant and we didn't know about the freshness. So we just bothered having the sushi, however my friend told me that the sushi head chief is actually Indonesian. GO INDO :P Don't know you yet about going back here, because I have list of other places that I have to try. Huah, I wish I can eat whatever I want and never gain weight :S

Ohana
2207 1st Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121

(206) 956-9329

No comments:

Post a Comment